Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Panoramio - Photos of the World



Panaromio, a geolocation-oriented photo sharing website, is one the of the easiest sites I've used to locate pictures from just about any location in the world. Just to test it out, I searched for images from several small towns (some so small they aren't even considered to be a town) and found pictures for all but one. Your search results include the site's location on a Google Earth map. I would consider this site a must-use for any social studies class.


Uploading and sharing your own pictures is also very easy. If you already have a google account, you only be asked to create a Panoramio user name before you upload your pictures. I then uploaded a picture I had taken on my iPhone and mapped it exactly where it was taken several weeks ealier. If it is not the correct location, you can use the Google Earth map to designate the proper spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment